Monday, April 19, 2010

When a hard disk stole 5 years of my life.

My hard disk crashed. So someone from Dell came over to replace it with a new one. Yea it's good that I have a functioning laptop now but what's horrible is that everything in the hard disk is now gone.

No I don't care so much about the movies, videos, songs, not even my lecture notes and assignments. I'm devastated because all my photos are gone. ALL of them. Pictures I've taken since I was 17. Yes ALL of them.

You'd probably call me stupid for not having a backup copy. But here's the thing, I don't actually store my pictures in my laptop. It's just there because I was doing some sorting and transferring, so it was suppose to be temporary.

And then it crashed.

Yes I shouldn't be whining so much about a bunch of lost data. But pictures are memories. Every picture has a story. Even the littlest things can be remembered because of pictures. Occasions, places, and most importantly, people. Every time you want to relive something you look at pictures.

I think you know what I mean. So yea, they're all gone. I've got nothing to look back upon.

I know it sounds silly but it really feels as though I did not exist for the past 5 years. That's right, I feel like I've lost 5 years of my life.

2 comments:

Nana Lana said...

owh. wat a pity! i should hv some backups!

shanz said...

Backups are important, not one, not two, but three or more!